My Own Personal Trail Of Transformation

To say that life was stressful, chaotic, and less than joyful would be an understatement. By sharing what I have received, I hope to illuminate a shorter and easier way to the top of the mountain for those who follow. Every step of my own personal trail of transformation has been a preparation, and I count every step as a blessing. A Personal Alignment and Business Coach and has been a successful entrepreneur and business consultant for 30 years. A Certified Limitless Breakthrough Coach, Wylene is a facilitator of transformation. Her gift is inspiring individuals to take the leap of faith outside of their comfort zones to create seemingly impossible results. Using the principles and techniques she has developed, Wylene has experienced countless breakthroughs in her own life, as well as inspiring others to believe something better exists for them. Do you ever struggle with feelings of doubt, despair, or worthlessness? Do you want to have success in your life, but you are too stuck in your failures? My story of failure isn’t necessarily something that I failed at doing, although there is plenty of evidence of that, too. You’re not good enough. It’s your fault. No one listens to you. Nobody cares.

Let  Everything Happen To You

Let Everything Happen To You

Then life events came along and I had more and varied experiences that proved these thoughts, as well as other negative thoughts, to be true. I ended up incorporating these thoughts as part of my identity. Sure, I fought it the best I could. But there were many times when the fight was too much. I’m guessing that most of us have had feelings of doubt, depression, and even questioning our worth at some point in our lives. Got a massive bonus at work? I am a success! Got laid off? I’m not successful and my company doesn’t see value in me. Got invited to sit with the popular kids at lunch? I must be pretty awesome! Sitting alone at lunch? I’m not good enough. I’m not smart enough. I don’t have any support. We continue to have experiences that prove those negative beliefs, because we’ve already identified ourselves with those labels. Those first experiences during which we attach ourselves to a certain negative belief usually begin in childhood. When I was twelve, I was molested several times by an elderly relative.

You Can't Always Get What You Want

I was scared and confused. He said it was our secret. I felt powerless. I felt as though my voice didn’t matter. I felt I didn’t matter. Thankfully, it was pretty minor compared to what could have happened, but the damage was done. I didn’t know better back then. During my teen years, I looked to outward evidence from others to determine my value and worth. My parents bought decorations and decked out our backyard in a luau theme. Tiki lights adorned the path to the party. When the day of the party arrived, we lit the torches and waited. Not one of my friends showed up.

That'll Be the Day

I don’t recall why no one came, but I do remember that intense emotion of feeling like I didn’t matter. I wasn’t good enough. I believed the lie that my worth was determined by how others treated me. Like most teens, my high school years were filled with emotional ups and downs. I had friends, but I continually worried about being good enough, or popular enough. Even though I wasn’t overweight, I struggled with body image issues. I remember vividly one day thinking about every part of my body, trying to find something, anything, that I liked about it. I hated just about every inch of my body, which further cemented the belief that I wasn’t good enough. Even though my heart swelled with love for this precious baby, I struggled with feelings of inadequacy and worry about being good enough to be his mother, as I’m sure most mothers do. We went on to have seven delightful children. We also got lots of suggestions about birth control. I guess people didn’t realize that we actually wanted our children, and we loved every one of them. The ugly label not good enough was reaching out with its tentacles and taking a strong hold of my heart. I’m a fighter and I tried my best to stay happy and upbeat most of the time. But when those inner negative voices showed up, they hit hard, and it took me a while to get back up. The problem was that I had a tendency to shrug off any positive comments, while believing and even embracing the negative ones. I wasn’t in a frame of mind to receive the positive, because I believed that I wasn’t good enough, and that I didn’t deserve it. There is a saying that life is like a rollercoaster. It’s filled with ups, downs, and some wild and crazy turns. Sometimes it’s a fun, exciting ride, and sometimes it’s downright scary. After my husband and I had been married for about twelve years, we were in the process of building our dream house. Life was looking pretty good. Then, one day my husband called me and told me he had been let go from his job. No good explanation from his boss. No severance package. I felt a bit of panic, but we had good savings and I thought we could make do until he got another job. I tried to stay optimistic, even when my husband was losing hope and was himself slipping into depression. We were still able to close on our dream home, and shortly after, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in the comfort of our new home. Our rollercoaster ride called life was twisting and bumpy, but manageable. He needed surgery and months of physical therapy. We had no insurance, and not only was our savings gone, we were tens of thousands of dollars in debt. My husband was deep in depression at this point. Our children were angry that they had to move away from friends, family, and home.